Looking for a Facelift in Shreveport?
Nobody wants to think about getting older, especially when you still feel so young, but aging is something we all experience. That is exactly why so many of Shreveport’s and residents turn to Bridges to Beauty when they are looking for a facelift in Louisiana or East Texas. Dr. Bridges is an award winning surgeon that has been performing rytidectomies (facelifts) for over 25 years and can easily answer any questions with a personal consultation. You can reach out via our contact form, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (318) 219-8555.
Is a facelift right for me?
Facelifts are most commonly performed on patients in the 40-70 age range. However, the procedure can produce good results for people in their 80’s as well. You may be a good candidate for a facelift if you have any of the following types of conditions:
- A deep line that runs from the corner of your nose to the corner of your mouth.
- Loss of a well-defined jawline.
- Deep wrinkles in the cheeks and sagging skin near the cheekbones.
- Loose skin, wrinkles or excess fatty tissue in the neck.
A Facelift surgery is a fairly non-invasive surgery, but you will need to exercise caution if you have any of the following medical conditions.
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Blood-clotting problems
- The tendency to form excessive scars
I’m from out of town, what is your service area?
Bridges to beauty is located in Shreveport Louisiana, which is part of a very unique area, called the Aklatex area, that services three states. We’ve performed facelifts for East Texas residents, Arkansas residents, and of course many, many facelifts in Shreveport and throughout Louisiana.
What should I expect from the consultation?
If your considering a facelift in Shreveport, then the very best place to start is with a personal consultation. During this meeting, Dr. Bridges will discuss your goals and assess your physical and emotional health.
You’ll need to be prepared to provide some health information. This could include the following.
- Any previous procedures or surgeries.
- Current and past Medical conditions.
- Any treatments you may have received.
- Natural Remedies, Herbal treatments or current medications that you are taking.
If you’re overweight and have a realistic desire to lose more than 5 pounds, your weight loss could affect your results. It’s important to discuss these plans.
Your physical evaluation, will assess your bone structure and the underlying tissues of the face. The thickness, texture and elasticity of your skin and the severity of the wrinkles and folds will also be considered. Your hairline will be examined to determine where incisions can be discreetly placed. All of these factors will be considered in developing your surgical plan.
Dr. Bridges may explain additional procedures that can be preformed along with a facelift to meet your appearance goals. For example, a facelift is frequently combined with:
- A forehead lift, to correct lines or furrows in the brow.
- Eyelid surgery, to eliminate drooping upper eyelids or bags beneath the eyes.
- Nose reshaping.
- Skin treatments, such as chemical peel or laser resurfacing, to minimize fine wrinkles.
How is a facelift performed?
The technique chosen for your surgery depends on your features, your surgeon’s preferences and your desired results.
There are many variations to the facelift procedure. However, the incision is typically hidden in the natural contour of your ear, and then extends around the earlobe and back into the hairline. Following surgery, the incisions are easily concealed by your hair or with makeup. There also may be a small incision hidden beneath your chin.Working through these incisions, Dr. Bridges frees the facial skin from its underlying tissues and pulls it upward and back. The excess skin is removed. Deep tissues are repositioned to restore a more youthful contour to your face. If necessary, an incision under the chin allows for to removal of fatty tissue in the neck and smooth the cord-like structure of the underlying muscle in the neck.
What should I do to prepare for my Facelift Surgery?
You will be given specific instructions several days prior to your actual procedure. These will guide you up to your surgery date and for the time following your surgery. A number of points may be covered, including:
- Refraining from certain medications that may interfere with the surgery.
- Refraining from smoking before and after your facelift.
- Arranging any personal care for you following the surgery.
How will you be cared for during your facelift?
Your facelift will be performed in an outpatient surgery center. During the process, our goal is to keep you comfortable and medications will be administered. Typically, the anesthesia is local with sedation and you will be asleep throughout the operation. Occasionally a general anesthetic is used.
After the surgery, how will I look and feel?
All of our recovery happens in our patient recovery area. A bandage may have been wrapped around your face to help control swelling and you’ll have immediate assistance with you if you need it. In many cases, small drainage tubes will have been placed beneath the skin to help prevent fluids from accumulating. We can control any discomfort during this time with prescribed medication.
Although everyone heals at a different rate, you can expect that your recovery will follow this general time line:
After The First Day:
- In the early stage of healing, you should rest with your head elevated to help minimize bruising and swelling.
- Ice packs or some other cooling device should be used to minimize swelling.
Within the first week:
- Stitches will be removed or dissolve.
- Bruising and swelling will reach its peak, and then subside.
- Bandages will be removed and you may shower.
- You may return to light activity, but continue to sleep with your head elevated.
- You can wear makeup to conceal any discoloration
Within two weeks:
- Most of the bruising will disappear.
- You may resume many of your normal activities, including non-strenuous work.
After several weeks:
- You may resume exercise.
- Numbness in the facial area will diminish; however, some numbness may persist for several months.
- Bruising and swelling will continue to subside and you’ll begin to see your results.
Throughout the healing period, you should avoid exposure to direct sunlight and , for the long term, be conscientious about using sun block preparations to protect your skin.
What should I know about my results?
Most of our patients experience a very refreshed and rejuvenated feeling when the face heals and the final results start to take shape. Although the healing may take some time, you can expect the end result to be worth the wait.
A number of factors, including your heredity and lifestyle, play a role in how long the results of your facelift will last. Even though the aging process continues, patients are usually happy with their appearance for many years following a facelift. Some patients find that they want to make additional improvements at a later time.
How long will I continue to see Dr. Bridges?
After your initial time of healing you will return to the office for a postoperative follow-up visit so that your healing and progress can be evaluated. In the following months, you may ask to return for periodic checkups. It’s important to keep these appointments so that your surgeon can assess your long-term results and address any questions or concern you may have.
Ready to take on the ARKLATEX area with your rejuvenated look?
From all of us at Bridges to Beauty, we’d be honored to be part of any of your Cosmetic Surgery needs. We take great pride in serving Shreveport and the great state of Louisiana. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.